The aim of this course is for users to learn about the management of legionella bacteria and the prevention of Legionnaires' Disease.
This course looks at what the bacteria is and how the disease can spread. It also highlights the importance of good risk management and monitoring for the prevention and control of infection.
Mapped to Core Skills Training Framework - Health, Safety and Welfare
Legionella and Legionnaires' Disease Awareness
- New or existing managers or senior level staff, working in a health and social care setting.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify where legionella bacteria come from and the environments where it is commonly found
- Recognise how people develop LD and potential effects on human health
- Explain your legal responsibilities in preventing and monitoring legionella
- Know how to carry out a risk assessment to identify and control the hazards
- Identify and control the hazards through risk assessments
- Identify the control measures required to reduce the risks from legionella and recognise the importance of continually monitoring, reviewing and updating the legionella control measures